The candidate must have:
- A clear, renewable, Georgia teaching certification
- Two or more years of successful teaching experience
- Recommendations from two system administrators
- A current contract with a Georgia school system
- Proficiency with technology
- Mastery of GPS or appropriate QCC
The application process is listed below:
- Submit Application (click here to print an application)
- Begin Registration* (click here to create/update your profile)
- Get approval from school
- Get approval from system
- Get approval from RESA
- Aquire materials needed for class (see below)
- Make arrangements to attend class sessions
*Each class must be registered for individually after creating/updating your Northwest RESA profile.
View and print a flow chart of the endorsement application process
The candidate must take the following courses in sequence:
- Cultural Issues
- Applied Linguistics
- Methods and Materials
Each course is 50 hours, or 5 PLUs.
The courses should be taken in the sequence listed above.
Click here to view a list of all ESOL related courses